How to Not Listen

This is a classic example of ignoring a clear signal. When I first saw part of this clip, it was with the sound off, and I was thinking she was ignorant of what the lashing tail and laid back ears meant. Then I heard it with the sound on... and realized one does not need any special cat knowledge to know what an air raid siren means.

Well, in this case, it means, "Put me down!"


UPDATE:
It's worth noting that the cat, in fact, did not scratch her. He or she was only threatening to. The on-air talent was dazed but I didn't see any signs the cat had hurt her. This is a GOOD cat. I hope she or he gets a home.


----
Got here from a Link or Search?
There's more to The Way of Cats than the article you are reading now. See my LATEST CAT ADVICE.

1 comment:

Chaoticidealism said...

Well, she's right about one thing--she's definitely not a cat person! So she's been holding this cat all this time while presumably conducting the interview, and she's surprised when said cat gets tired of being jiggled like a baby... At least she wasn't letting her legs dangle.